Epilepsy Awareness Group
- There was an error sending a request to join group.Thanks, your join request has been sent to the Group admins.An unknown error occured. Please try again.Thanks, your report has been sent to Tagged Safety.
About 1 in 30 people in the UK develops epilepsy at some stage in their life. It most commonly starts in childhood and in people over 60. However, epilepsy can begin at any age. In general, seizures are well controlled by treatment in about 4 in 5 cases... Epilepsy is a brain disorder that causes recurrent seizures. Seizures, as a symptom of the condition called epilepsy, occur when there is a sudden electrical misfiring of neurons or nerve cells in the epileptic's brain. These misfires cause convulsions or spasms, confusion, staring and sometimes complete loss of consciousness... There are two types of seizures: partial seizures and generalized seizures. Partial seizures occur in only one part of the brain, while generalized seizures affect various nerve cells throughout the brain...
|Topic||Posts||Last Post||Started by|
How those around you and how they react to you having seizu…
Well I noticed no topics so I thought I would start one
Group Member Levels
- Creator Created this group
- Admin Admins this group
- Master 1,000 Posts and 1,000 Likes
- Advanced 250 Posts and 250 Likes
- Intermediate 100 Posts and 100 Likes
- Beginner 10 Posts and 10 Likes
- Newbie 0 Posts and 0 Likes